Here is the all new content-rich SQLServerGeeks Newsletter.
New Blog Posts
• SQL Server optimizes Tempdb so that your CRUD operations go faster. There are many ways how this is done. One of them is optimized logging or minimal logging. Read the full blog post. Also a two-minute video on Twitter. See here.
• S-arg-ability is a much spoken term in SQL Server world. We took a fresh approach to this topic and penned down quite a few things including SCAN, SEEK, CAST, CONVERT, etc, kind of Sargability ramblings. Read the full blog post. Hope you find it interesting.
The Scripts Garage
• Clustered Index is good. In most cases. You might have tables in your environment that do not have a clustered index. Find them quickly with this script. Click Here.
• Index fragmentation is still a matter of concern. Here is a script to find out all the fragmented indexes in a database. Click Here.
Latest News from Microsoft SQL Server Team
• Expanding SQL Server Big Data Clusters capabilities, now on Red Hat OpenShift
• Cumulative Update #5 for SQL Server 2019 RTM
• Cumulative Update #13 for SQL Server 2016 SP2
That’s it for today. Feel free to forward this to your friends & colleagues. Bringing you more learning content on weekly basis.
Follow on Twitter
KP Notification: SQL Server Performance Tuning, Querying & Programming Video Courses are now LIVE. Corporate subscriptions have begun. Learn More.