SQLGeeks Meet-Up, Bangalore – June 25, 2016, Saturday at Microsoft
|Event Type||Free In-Person Event (Half Day)|
|Session 1||Stretch your Database onto the cloud
If you are a SQL DBA or a Database decision maker and have faced any of these problems –
• The size of the tables is getting out of control.
• Your users say that they want access to historical data, but they only rarely use it.
• You have to keep buying and adding more storage.
• You can’t backup or restore such large tables within the SLA.
…Then this session is just for you!
In this demo based session, I will introduce you to a new feature in SQL Server 2016 – Stretch Database. This hybrid feature will enable to you to literally stretch your database onto the cloud and help you to address the above issues. The following topics will be covered as part of the session –
• Reasons to Incorporate SQL 2016 Stretch Database into Your Data Strategy
• Identify tables eligible for this feature
Speaker: Devashish Salgaonkar (Microsoft)
|Session 2||SQL Server Isolation Levels
In this session I will be talking about different type of isolation levels SQL Server Supports and how are they different from each other. If you are working on a heavy transaction based system, this session will help you to choose right isolation level. This session will be full of demos to understand every part of different Isolation levels.
Speaker: Sandip Pani (SSG)
|Date & Time||Saturday, 25 June 2016
10.00 am to 1.00 pm
Note: Come by 9.30 am for registration and security formalities. Please be seated by 10.00 am.
4th Floor, Hamilton Hall, Signature Building,
Embassy Golf Links Business Park,
Intermediate Ring Road,
Domlur, Bangalore – 560071
|Parking||Parking is available at Pyramid Food Court|
|Registration||Click here to register|