SQLServerGeeks (SSG) is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all SSG spaces, including [In-person events, webinars, our mailing lists and IRC channel], both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the SSG TEAM.
Some SSG spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
• Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
• Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
• Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
• Threats of violence.
• Deliberate intimidation.
• Stalking or following.
• Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
• Sustained disruption of discussion.
• Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
• Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
• Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
SSG prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. SSG TEAM reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
• ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
• Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
• Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
• Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you are being harassed by a member of SSG, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the SSG TEAM or you may send an email to admin[at]SQLServerGeeks[dot]com. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to SSG spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of SSG outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from SSG based on their past behavior, including behavior outside SSG spaces.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of SSG members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, SSG TEAM may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all SSG spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other DPG members or the general public.